One summer, when I was maybe 10 or 11, my parents rented a 15 passenger van and took us on a road trip around the western United States. We had such a
good loud whiny fun time that a few years later they rented an RV and took us everywhere in the west we hadn’t seen during the first trip. I remember long days spent staring at painted deserts, grassy plains, towering Colorado Rockies, and rainy northwest skies.
Years ago Jonathan and I made a travel bucket list on the backside of a paper plate, which I promptly lost. We haven’t officially made another once since, but as I watch Anna grow I can’t help but make a mental list of all the things I hope we can do as a family before she turns 18. I’d love to take our kids to all my favorite spots like the Havasupi Indian Reservation at the bottom of the Grand Canyon, the Denver metro area to see our Westmont friends, Seattle to see where Jonathan grew up, and camping along the Southern California coast. Oh, and a southern road trip through Birmingham, Nashville, Montgomery and New Orleans is also a must!
If you’re anything like me, I think you’ll be really excited about a new e-book called Family Bucket Lists by Lara Krupicka. Her book debuted earlier this week and contains 42 pages of content to help families:
• dream together of what they want to do before the children are grown.
• set off on adventures, big and small, together and individually.
• enliven weekends and vacations with plans that match what they want most from life.
• discover new things about one another as each person unearths and shares their dreams and aspirations.
• find simple ways to incorporate life goals into everyday living.
• make the most of the years they have together.
Lara’s book is available here for just $10, but I’m also giving y’all a chance to win a free PDF download simply by leaving a comment. Here’s what I want to know: If you could only pick one place to travel before you died, where would you go?
Comments are open until this Saturday at 6:00pm. I’ll use random.org to pick a winner and announce it in the comments section.