I’m baaaaccckkkk! Have you missed me? I’ve certainly missed you. After taking a needed blogging hiatus, my little fingers are moving again at Barefooton45th. It’s been a busy summer but yet I’ve still had wonderful time to breathe, seek, think, pray, and evaluate where I’m at. I’ll share more in future posts, but for now, here’s what I was doing this summer instead of blogging:
- Soaking up time with my family in Irvine to celebrate my Grandpa’s 85th birthday and Father’s Day.
- Rafting the Klamath with these lovely people, the Melvins, Joe and Britt.
- Discovering Andrea’s homemade granola, and then making my own week after week.
- Reading Outliers (loved it!), Bel Canto (first virtual book club with Mich, Lor and Lisa– so fun!), and Looking for God (some easy takeaways I won’t forget).
- Getting to know all the friendly people at our new church, Restoration Life.
- Hanging out with the girls in my Tuesday night bible study, and reading Francis Chan’s newest book- Forgotten God– to prep for this fall’s study.
- Driving all over the region to promote Capital’s Team Tennis.
- Devouring great seafood, Hobo Stew and champagne tasting during our Russian River camping weekend—although not at the same time.
- Consuming lots of fish tacos in Baja during the Miller family vacation.
- Celebrating five years of marriage with a weekend in Mendocino.
- Making over my office with a craft project that took two months to finish. Now work feels more like home!
- Getting to know new friends, Tammy and Aaron, who we met through Jonathan’s law school buddy, Dave.
- Chomping away at the East Sac Summer Challenge (full report to come soon).
- Running, enjoying Emilia, and mixing in a bit of yoga…which has currently led to very tight and sore calf muscles. I’m getting old. 🙁
- Learning that God is slowly preparing me the next steps in our life, and while I still haven’t figured out what those look like, I know He’s going before me.
- Still to come: Watching Scott marry his bride, Lauren, this weekend! Yay!
Now, it’s your turn. What did you do this summer?