Jonathan’s sister, Sarah, will be a senior this year at Gordon College in Mass. The last few years we’d hoped to make it out to see her life, but a tight school and job schedule prevented us from doing so until last weekend. As luck would have it, she graduates this May on the same day that Jonathan graduates from law school– so we won’t be out there celebrating with the rest of the family.
Some of our trip highlights, which I documented in this really fun Picnik collage (thanks for your help Meg!) are as follows:
- Touring Gordon– definitely Westmont’s East Coast twin with prettier brick buildings and a gorgeous chapel.
- Seeing the North Shore– yummy clam and shrimp lunch at historic Woodmans’ of Essex, and a tour of the quaint seaside town of Rockport complete with salt water taffy.
- Finally seeing The Dark Knight– well done Heath.
- $8 Bitten sweater– yes!
- Sarah’s Boston Tour– Harvard, yummy ice cream from J.P. Licks, Boston Commons and Public Garden, The Freedom Trail and Elephant & Castle.
- Meeting Sarah’s friends for dinner in the North End– best pasta ever, followed by eat-your-heart-out gelato and Cannoli from Mike’s Pastry.
- Sweet deal on an awesome hotel room in Boston
- Seeing Lesley University (who knew?!?!)– located right next to Harvard Law School, and named after me of course. (Bonus: Admissions office is located in a cute, historic old house. Their slogan is: “Let’s Wake Up the World!” I think it will be my new cheesy motto.)
- A day on Cape Cod– enjoyed Boston’s “Best weather of the year” while at Sandwich beach. Touched my toes in the Atlantic for the first time! Unless Jamaica counts…is that the Atlantic?
- Dinner at Cracker Barrel— Because we had to of course!
Summary: Our trip was a perfect ending to a fabulously fun and busy summer. Jonathan started his third and final year today at UC Davis, and while we still have a few fun weekend trips planned this month, I think life will slow down a bit on the leisure activities and pick up on homework and studying. Oh well! This time next year I’ll have an attorney husband! 🙂 The countdown begins!